Summer Grammar Series
Summer Grammar Series in 4 parts.
Add how many sessions (caps) you wish to purchase to your cart. 1, 2, 3 or 4.
Announcing our Summer Grammar Series.
Tuesday night at 8:00 p.m. eastern time. This is a special workshop chat – not our usual chats – and therefore we are charging $5.00 a session or $20 for all 4.
August 4 “I Threw the Cow Over the Fence Some Hay”
- The use of prepositions and how to use them.
- Independent clauses, dependent clauses, and how to get them to match
- Misplaced modifiers and those pesky dangling modifiers
August 11: “Pronouns and verb voice – What You Never Knew”.
- Pronouns versus Proper nouns (pronoun case problems)
- Shifts in verb voice
- Shifts in verb mood
August 18: “Why are My Sentences so Long?”
- Dangling modifiers (once again!)
- Run-on Sentences
- Comma Splices
- Sentence Fragments
August 25: “Where does the comma go?”
- Em Dashes and why not to use parentheses
- Ellipses, how to use them, and when to use an em dash
EACH WORKSHOP WILL START PROMPTLY AT 8. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY TO ENSURE YOU CAN SIGN IN.
Again, you must pre-register and pay for this chat in order to attend. We will be verifying registrations each week. A transcript is available for all paid attendees upon request.